Oil Boiler Maintenance
Oil Boiler Maintenance Checklist
Gorey Boiler Maintenance, Wexford, offer full boiler maintenance, service and safety checks. An annual boiler safety check and boiler service, carried out by a professional service engineer ensures that your boiler continues functioning properly.
Regular servicing of your boiler ensures that the boiler is working to the specifications of the boiler manufacturer. This helps to prolong the life of your boiler and reduce the risk of faults and expensive repairs later in the boilers life.
Gorey Boiler Maintenance will perform a detailed service, which will include inspection of the pipe work, ventilation and clearances etc. The system will then be inspected, cleaned and reassembled and the operation of the boiler functions inspected for safe and correct operation.
We will finally carry out a combustion efficiency test to ensure that the appliance is operating at the maximum possible performance levels.
Annual Oil Boiler Service Check List
Gorey Boiler Maintenance service all boilers in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. When performing an annual boiler service, our service engineers carry out the following checklist:
- Open the boiler top or look through the inspection port to check for cracks in the firebox or on the target wall (the fire clay box or wall that the burner fires into or against)
- Check for oil leaks from tank and above ground piping/fittings
- Check for significant corrosion on the boilers outer sheet metal, its cast-iron sections, flue, electrical controls, nearby piping and components
- Check the draft regulator for free movement
- Check/clean flame photocell
- Clean boiler gas side heat transfer surfaces
- Check operation of high limit thermostat
- Replace burner nozzle
- Adjust burner pressure and diffuser plate to obtain correct flame shape/length
- Check operation of flame failure device
- Replace fuel filter
- Check operation of oil shut-off valve
- Check air inlets to boiler room and burner for blockage/size
- Check for cracks/damage to burner refractory
- Clean/adjust spark electrodes
- Clean burner diffuser and air tube
- Check ignition transformer, HT cable and porcelain for cracking/deterioration
- Check operation of draught stabilizer
Combustion Efficiency Test
In addition to the above checks, your Gorey Boiler Maintenance service engineer will also carry out a combustion efficiency test on the appliance to ensure that the boiler is operating at its optimum efficiency.
Combustion Efficiency Tests:
- Boiler combustion gas O2
- Boiler combustion gas CO
- Boiler combustion gas ºC
- Resultant boiler combustion efficiency (gross)
- Explanation for low efficiency
- Check setting and operation of time clock
- Check operation of zone values and thermostats